Good morning, 818 locals. Today is Saturday, March 23, 2014. The National Weather Service predicts the forecast today to reach a high of 71 and a low of 53 degrees.
Here are your top headlines in the 818 region:
- Los Angeles County health officials confirmed Friday that cases of flea-borne Typhus have been found in Burbank and Downey.
- Crescenta Valley sheriff's deputy Tai Plunkett received the Congressional Badge of Bravery on Thursday for his quick thinking, despite being unarmed, that saved a woman's life during a stabbing attack.
- A popular trail head to the Hollywood Sign will be closed for more than a month so that crews can install a new gate to prevent trespassers at night.
- Glendale fighter Vanes Martirosyan scored a one-sided decision over Mario Alberto Lozanoa on Friday, winning every round.
- Burbank school officials are considering expanding the online classes offered to students, following a period of a few years when the district offered several online courses for students seeking to recover credits.
-- Sameea Kamal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.