Good morning, readers. Today is Thursday, March 27.
Here are your top headlines in the 818 region:
- The majority of about 40 people who spoke at a town hall meeting Tuesday night favored a potential plan to transfer La Cañada's Sagebrush territory from Glendale Unified to the La Cañada's school district, a subject that's long been disputed.
- A 59-year-old motorist died after suffering what appeared to be a heart attack while driving in Burbank, police said.
- Police are seeking the public's help in finding a suspect who attacked a Brazilian jiu jitsu instructor at his Burbank studio on Monday.
- Glendale residents will now have to fork over $250 to $1,100 if Glendale police have to come knock on their doors multiple times in response to loud house parties because the City Council this week gave its final approval for new party fines.
- A 38-year-old man has been accused of child abuse after police discovered deplorable living conditions inside his home, where he had been allegedly trying to pass off Mexican candy as heroin.
-- Sameea Kamal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.