Greetings, 818 readers! Today is Thursday, April 3. Temperatures for today are expected to reach a high of 68 degrees and a low of 50.
Here's your roundup of headlines in the area:
- Police are looking for a man who may have burglarized a La Crescenta church, which has been a target for thieves in the past.
- A Glendale man pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges that he was producing highly potent hash oil in a potentially volatile home lab.
- The Burbank City Council on Tuesday continued the discussion on how to effectively and legally regulate group homes in residential neighborhoods, ultimately requesting that city staff bring back more information on a number of ideas generated by councilmembers, residents and a land-use expert.
- Burroughs High's Brandon Gerlach was selected as the All-Area Boys' Soccer Player of the Year. With Gerlach paving the way, Burroughs captured its second straight league championship in a league top heavy with talented teams.
- A consultant is set to be paid $130,000 to fix Glendale’s broken water rates following City Council’s approval this week. That’s on top of about $50,000 the city already paid Berkeley-based Bartle Wells for an initial analysis of the miscalculated rates.
-- Sameea Kamal, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.