Good morning, readers! Today is Thursday, April 10, 2014. The high is predicted to reach 82 and low 58 in the Glendale region.
These are the top headlines in your area this morning:
- Two men and a woman were arrested Tuesday night after investigators uncovered a marijuana grow and hash-oil operation inside a home, making it the second such potentially dangerous discovery in less than two weeks in Glendale.
- Councilman Zareh Sinanyan was appointed mayor of Glendale Tuesday night by the City Council -- promising to streamline city spending, bring more businesses to Glendale, speed up the revitalization of downtown and increase government engagement throughout the city -- while in La Cañada Flintridge on Monday, Mike Davitt was named the new mayor, accepting the ceremonial gavel from outgoing Mayor Laura Olhasso in the City Council's annual rotation meeting.
- An 86-year-old Glendale man, crossing five traffic lanes with a shopping cart, was struck and killed Wednesday morning a half-mile south of Glendale Community College, police said.
- The family of a 21-year-old San Pedro man who was found dead inside a suitcase in Glendale is trying to raise funds to help pay for his funeral costs.
- The Metropolitan Water District announced last week the appointment of Foothill Municipal Water District Director Richard Atwater, a La Cañada resident, to its Southern California Board of Directors. Atwater replaces James Edwards, who served as a FMWD representative to the board for 15 years before resigning.
-- Sameea Kamal, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.