Good morning, readers. Today is Friday, April 18. Forecasters predict a high of 71 degrees and a low of 54 in the Glendale region.
The top headlines in your area this morning:
- Former Glendale mayor Dave Weaver, who ended his term last week, is accused of groping a woman and is currently negotiating a settlement to prevent a civil lawsuit -- but it's not the first time Weaver has faced allegations of unfitting behavior.
- Burbank police investigated a threat made by a John Burroughs High School student Wednesday afternoon after the student – who has not been identified – alluded to a teacher that the next day could hold potential danger.
- Police escorted a hiker down a Stough Canyon hiking trail Thursday in Burbank after the woman reported a mountain lion was following her, police said.
- Burbank City Manager Mark Scott said this week he felt “energized” after a closed-door evaluation with elected officials on Tuesday.
- Glendale resident Rafael Parsadanyan was one of three men who were found guilty on Thursday of bank fraud and stealing the identities of hundreds of 99 Cents Only store customers.
- After 70 years in business, Ernie Jr.’s Taco House in Eagle Rock will close for the last time on Saturday and many lifelong fans are flocking to the eatery this week for their last chance to munch on its Mexican fare.
-- Sameea Kamal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.