Good morning, 818 readers. Today is Saturday, April 19. The high is expected to reach 73 and low 57 in the Burbank area.
These are some of the top headlines from your region:
- Longtime area restaurant Ernie Jr.'s will close on Saturday. Many lifelong fans are flocking to the eatery for their last chance.
- The 99th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide will be commemorated over the next several days with events planned in Glendale, Pasadena, Hollywood and the Los Angeles area.
- Burbank Unified School District is reporting a drop in enrollment. About 100 fewer students are enrolled in Burbank schools than they were this time last year.
- John Drayman is on the hook for his outstanding debt. In May, the first meetings he has with the Los Angeles County Probation Office will include a thorough review of his assets and liabilities to determine how much he will pay monthly toward his $319,000 in restitution.
- The Starlight Bowl in Burbank could have a face-lift. A team representing Lehrer Architects Westlake Reed Leskosky Design laid out a multiphase plan that recommends a host of infrastructure improvements for the facility's restrooms, seating areas, parking lot, concessions, dressing rooms and lighting for both onstage and along walkways.
-- Nicole Charky, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @Nicosharki.