Greetings, 818 readers! Today is Friday, April 25, 2014. Weather for the Glendale area is expected to reach a high of 69 and a low of 52, with a 30% chance of rain at night.
These are your top regional news stories:
- A collision between two rigs in the Pasadena area of the 210 Freeway shut down the eastbound lanes near the Allen Avenue exit, the Metro Gold Line and the connector from the 134 Freeway, with a Sig Alert that lasted through Thursday night.
- A Burbank pedestrian who was hit by an SUV Thursday morning is in a coma after undergoing surgery, according to the Burbank Police Department.
- The Glendale City Council approved a 220-unit residential project at the city’s southwestern edge this week, despite the developer falling short of prior direction from the dais to reduce density.
- Authorities will collect unwanted and expired prescription drugs Saturday from residents looking to get rid of their supplies. The Crescenta Valley Sheriff's Station, Glendale Police Department and CV Alliance, a local nonprofit drug and alcohol prevention organization, will oversee four drop-off sites from 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- At its recent meeting, the La Cañada City Council council considered two appeals over the placement of an AT&T; U-Verse equipment cabinet on Foothill Boulevard. After a lengthy discussion, they decided not to vote on either one, returning the matter to the Public Works and Traffic Commission.
-- Sameea Kamal, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.