Greetings, 818 readers! Today is Wednesday, April 30. Weather for the Glendale area is expected to reach a high of 96 and a low of 65.
These are your top regional news stories:
- Firefighters contained a small brush fire Tuesday afternoon before it spread to nearby homes in a north Glendale neighborhood, police said.
- The driver of a big-rig that caught fire on the southbound Golden State (5) Freeway Monday afternoon — temporarily shutting down four freeway lanes and causing traffic delays — was arrested after the incident on suspicion of drunk driving, authorities said.
- The 87-year-old Burbank pedestrian who was struck by an SUV on Thursday morning died of her injuries the following night, police said.
- Temperatures are expected to climb into the 90s and reach record highs in some locations during an early season heat wave in the Southland this week, forecasters said.
- Charter Communications customers in Glendale and Burbank could soon be getting their TV cable and Internet services from Comcast Corp. under a proposed subscriber-base swap announced Monday.
- A petition to repeal a 7% tax tacked onto Glendale utility bills failed to garner enough signatures to make it onto the June ballot.
-- Sameea Kamal, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.