Orange County sees nearly 1,200 COVID-19 cases, 3 more deaths in advance of Thanksgiving
The Orange County Health Care Agency reported three coronavirus deaths and 1,199 infections on Wednesday in its latest numbers tracking the virus one day before Thanksgiving.
During the pandemic, there have 1,559 lives lost in Orange County due to COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. The county’s cumulative case count has ascended to 73,152.
Hospitalizations due to the virus numbered 479, with 115 of those patients being treated in intensive care units.
The health care agency also reported 15,084 tests for the virus, which brings the total number of tests administered countywide to 1,385,195. The estimated amount of recoveries made in the county after contracting the virus is 58,608.
Here’s a summary of tips on how to have a safer Thanksgiving during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the holidays arrive, public health officials are pushing forward with a campaign to limit gathering. A social media post put out by the county health care agency on Twitter urged residents to “re-think the holidays and forego large family gatherings to protect loved ones during the pandemic.”
The post also provided a link to information on where to find COVID-19 testing and how to make an appointment. The Orange County fairgrounds in Costa Mesa and the Anaheim Convention Center are listed as super sites for testing.
Orange County currently has a new daily case rate of 17.2 cases per 100,000 residents and a testing positivity rate of 6.8%. Both of those metrics are being tracked as a seven-day average with a four-day lag.
Here are the latest cumulative coronavirus case counts and COVID-19 deaths for select cities in Orange County:
- Santa Ana: 14,038 cases; 325 deaths
- Anaheim: 12,362 cases; 342 deaths
- Huntington Beach: 3,147 cases; 88 deaths
- Costa Mesa: 2,466 cases; 45 deaths
- Irvine: 2,506 cases; 14 deaths
- Newport Beach: 1,433 cases; 26 deaths
- Fountain Valley: 778 cases; 21 deaths
- Laguna Beach: 310 cases; fewer than five deaths
Here are the case counts by age group, followed by deaths:
- 0 to 17: 5,864 cases; one death
- 18 to 24: 10,774 cases; four deaths
- 25 to 34: 15,579 cases; 21 deaths
- 35 to 44: 11,637 cases; 40 deaths
- 45 to 54: 11,837 cases; 120 deaths
- 55 to 64: 8,813 cases; 215 deaths
- 65 to 74: 4,475 cases; 306 deaths
- 75 to 84: 2,349 cases; 338 deaths
- 85 and older: 1,768 cases; 514 deaths
All the latest on Orange County from Orange County.
Get our free TimesOC newsletter.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Daily Pilot.