Orange County reports 12 deaths due to COVID-19
Orange County reported 12 coronavirus deaths and 281 new infections on Saturday in the latest data provided by the Orange County Health Care Agency.
The county has now had 3,904 deaths due to COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, while the cumulative case count is 246,264.
A note from the county healthcare agency said that it is experiencing technical difficulties with the state’s reporting database — CalREDIE and CalConnect — which may result in a lower number of reported deaths for several days until the issue has been resolved by the California Department of Public Health.
There are currently 444 hospitalizations in the county because of the virus, with 128 patients receiving treatment in intensive care units.
Additionally, there were 16,684 tests for the virus reported within the last day, which brings the number of tests administered in the county to 3,035,335. The healthcare agency estimates that 230,569 people in the county have made a recovery after contracting the virus.
In metrics used to track the transmission of the virus, Orange County had an adjusted daily case rate of 11.9 cases per 100,000 residents, a testing positivity rate of 5.4% and a health equity quartile positivity rate of 7%. Those statistics are recorded as seven-day averages with a seven-day lag.
Here are the latest cumulative coronavirus case counts and COVID-19 deaths for select cities in Orange County:
- Santa Ana: 43,935 cases; 695 deaths
- Anaheim: 40,873 cases; 703 deaths
- Huntington Beach: 10,242 cases; 180 deaths
- Costa Mesa: 8,663 cases; 105 deaths
- Irvine: 10,110 cases; 67 deaths
- Newport Beach: 3,604 cases; 67 deaths
- Fountain Valley: 3,377 cases; 66 deaths
- Laguna Beach: 791 cases; five deaths
Here are the case counts by age group, followed by deaths:
- 0 to 17: 25,512 cases; one death
- 18 to 24: 33,978 cases; nine deaths
- 25 to 34: 49,133 cases; 40 deaths
- 35 to 44: 38,393 cases; 86 deaths
- 45 to 54: 39,525 cases; 255 deaths
- 55 to 64: 31,020 cases; 536 deaths
- 65 to 74: 15,464 cases; 759 deaths
- 75 to 84: 7,810 cases; 946 deaths
- 85 and older: 5,276 cases; 1,272 deaths
Updated figures are posted daily at occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc. Information on COVID-19 vaccines in Orange County can be found at occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/covid-19-vaccine-resources.
All the latest on Orange County from Orange County.
Get our free TimesOC newsletter.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Daily Pilot.