Tired of picking up a soaked newspaper off your porch from yet another day of rain? Weather experts have some comfort for you: It will all be over soon.
National Weather Service officials said the rainstorm that's been battering Southern California should pass through Orange County by Thursday morning.
The storm, which started Friday, has brought record rain to some areas. Officials did not have data on Newport-Mesa or John Wayne Airport, but said the 1.74 inches of rain that fell Monday, and 4.63 inches overall since last week, were unusually high rainfalls.
Tuesday's rainfall was light in comparison, with the heaviest downpour expected Wednesday.
Even to some police officers' surprise, the deluge has caused few, if any, problems in either city. Newport Beach police reported a few traffic accidents, but nothing out of the ordinary.
There were no reports of flooding. Costa Mesa didn't have issues through Tuesday, though a sixth consecutive day of rain Wednesday does pose flooding concerns, officials said.
About 6,300 customers in Costa Mesa and Newport Beach experienced power outages from Monday to Tuesday, said Southern California Edison officials.
From 11 a.m. Monday to at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, 2,500 Costa Mesa homes were without electricity. There were 3,800 Newport Beach homes without power in the same span.
Edison officials said power is typically knocked out when the wind blows electrical wires into each other or a tree into a wire. Power was restored to most homes by 2:30 p.m., with only about 170 combined from Newport and Costa Mesa still dark Tuesday.