Three Newport Beach firefighters injured while battling a fire in a decorative chimney facade have been released from the hospital, authorities said Tuesday.
Firefighters responded to a fire in Big Canyon on Rue Deauville about 7:39 p.m. Monday, the Newport Beach Fire Department said in a news release.
Firefighters tried to put out the blaze as it moved to the walls and attic outside the chimney case. They ventilated the roof to help extinguish the blaze.
The fire was put out in about 20 minutes, the release said.
The firefighters had mild to moderate injuries and were treated at Hoag Hospital. Damages to the house were estimated at about $75,000.
The Fire Department encouraged people with chimneys to have them cleaned and inspected by a professional once a year to prevent fires.