City seeks commission applicants

The Costa Mesa City Council is seeking applications to fill vacancies on two city commissions: Planning, and Parks and Recreation.

All applicants must be registered voters of Costa Mesa and must turn in their applications — which are available online, or in person at the city clerk's office — by 5 p.m. Dec. 28. The applications can be hand-delivered to City Hall or mailed to the Costa Mesa City Clerk, 77 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa CA 92626.

There are three vacancies on the Parks and Recreation Commission and two on the Planning Commission. All five terms end in February 2017.

The Parks and Recreation Commission assists the council and other city departments with parks and parkways.

The Planning Commission helps regulate growth, beautification, development, location of proposed buildings, and design and improvements on land subdivisions, among other goals, according to a city news release. The Planning Commission makes its own decisions and also provides recommendations to the council.

The city has not declared a date when the council will choose from among the applicants.

For more information, call the city clerk at (714) 754-5327 or

— Bradley Zint

Twitter: @bradleyzint

Copyright © 2019, Daily Pilot
EDITION: California | U.S. & World