There was smoke, but no fire

A smoldering wood log inside a unit of a historic South Coast Highway property sent smoke into the air early Sunday afternoon, Laguna Beach fire Chief Jeff LaTendresse said Monday.

Laguna Beach fire received a call at 1:01 p.m. of a possible fire from a unit in Villa Rockledge, an oceanfront collection of guest villas, LaTendresse said.

The incident turned out not to be a fire but a smoldering log inside a fireplace, LaTendresse said.

No one was injured, and there was little smoke damage, he said.

Orange County Fire Authority assisted Laguna Beach firefighters at the scene, according to LaTendresse.

—Bryce Alderton

Twitter: @AldertonBryce

Copyright © 2019, Daily Pilot
EDITION: California | U.S. & World