* Bonn Drive: Santa Ana police recovered a vehicle reported
missing in Laguna Beach. Two people were taken into custody. The
theft was reported in the 3100 block at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.
* Cliff Drive: Men washing a vehicle were reported for allegedly
screaming religious epithets after being advised by a neighbor about
new city laws banning runoff in the 500 block at 8:21 p.m. Friday.
* Cress Street: A vehicle was reported to have been egged Sunday
between midnight and 9 a.m. in the 600 block at 8:31 a.m. Wednesday.
The incident is under investigation.
* Del Mar: Police recovered a silver Honda reported missing July
20 from the 1500 block. The recover was reported at 7:42 a.m.,
* Glenneyre Street: A Laguna Beach woman reported $1,000 in
unauthorized charges at Disneyland on her credit card bill in the
1200 block at 11:16 a.m. Monday. The report is under investigation.
* Holly Street: A bail bondsman reported telephone calls
threatening to blow his head off and to send any bounty hunters home
in a basket in the 31400 block at 6:47 a.m. Saturday. The caller
claimed to be a former assassin. The report is under investigation.
* Jasmine Street: A 16-year-old male reported that he received a
voice mail threat to kill him in the 400 block at 7:28 p.m. Saturday.
* Laguna Canyon Road: Police received another report of a deer
roaming near the roadway, probably down from the hills seeking water.
This one was spotted limping into the ACT V bus stop, then heading
for the hills. Reported in the 1900 block at 9:19 p.m. Wednesday.
* Mar Vista Road: A dark green, 1993, Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd.
with a California Police Assn. sticker on the rear window was
reported stolen from the driveway of the owner in the 31500 block at
6:49 a.m. Friday. The vehicle was unlocked and the keys were on the
* Mar Vista Road: A resident reported that an unknown trespasser
scratched PIG on his vehicle window and moved a ceramic pig in his
backyard in the 31500 block at 9:38 a.m. Sunday. The report is under
* Mar Vista Road: Golf clubs were reported stolen from the trunk
of an unlocked vehicle parked in an open garage in the 31500 block at
9:46 a.m. Friday. The value was $1,130. One of four crimes involving
vehicles reported in the area.
* Moorea Way: Jewelry was reported stolen from a resident,
sometime between June 25, 2001 and July 19, 2002 in the 1300 block at
10:23 a.m. Tuesday. The loss is valued at $22,000 and included a
diamond pendant, an omega necklace and a jaguar head pin, paved in
* Ocean Avenue: A gun and money was reported missing from a
business in the 300 block at 3:49 p.m. Monday. The gun was later
found in a filing cabinet but there is still no trace of the $500
missing from a petty cash bag. The incident is under investigation.
* Ocean Vista Drive: The victim reported gang-type graffiti
suspects marring her property in the 300 block at 9:21 a.m. Monday.
She suspects students from the school where she teaches. The report
is under investigation.
* Park Avenue: A 25-year-old homeless woman was arrested on
suspicion of possession of methamphetamine in the 600 block at 9:34
p.m. Saturday. She allegedly had 2.8 grams of meth in her wallet when
police stopped her vehicle after she blew a stop sign at Park Avenue
and Wendt Terrace. She posted $10,000 bail and was released.
* Park Avenue: A driver reported being run off the road and
yelled at by another driver, who might have thought he had been cut
off and succumbed to road rage. The suspect was described as white
male, 30, driving a black Mercedes Benz SUV. Police have the license
plate number. The incident was reported in the 3100 block at 7:28
a.m. Tuesday. The incident is under investigation.
* Pearl Street: A 19-year old Laguna resident was arrested for
selling marijuana out of his home in the 200 block at 4:02 p.m.
Friday. He was taken to Harbor Justice Center in lieu of $10,000
* Poplar Street: A briefcase was reported stolen from an
unlocked, parked vehicle sometime during the previous weekend in the
300 block at 6:11 p.m. Tuesday. The loss included a calculator, a
paycheck and credit cards and is valued at more than $400.
* San Joaquin: An unknown caller allegedly told a woman never to
again report a fence construction to the city in the 100 block at
9:14 a.m. Wednesday.
* South Coast Highway: A bicyclist was taken to South Coast
Medical Center for treatment of a broken arm suffered when he was hit
by a vehicle door that a passenger opened into the traffic lane in
the 600 block at 2:58 p.m. Saturday. The driver was cited for
allowing the door to be opened.
* South Coast Highway: A man reported that he allegedly paid $600
to a Flea Market for a fireplace mantel, but never received his
purchase. The shop has been closed. The incident was reported in the
1200 block at 4:25 p.m. Thursday.
* South Coast Highway: A patron of Adolpho’s reported that he has
been harassed for the past six months by another patron. The Dana
Point man told police his assailant had once dumped beer in his food
and has physically assaulted him for no reason in the 900 block at
11:06 a.m. Wednesday. The incidents are under investigation.
* South Coast Highway: Cash was reported stolen from a living
room in a timeshare. The occupants awoke in the middle of the night
and saw someone standing in the room. They did not report it because
of a language barrier. The next morning they discovered $240 missing
from the woman’s purse. Entry is believed to have been gained through
an unlocked, sliding patio door. The incident was reported by their
son in the 600 block at 11:27 a.m. Thursday.
* South Coast Highway: Seventy-five altered business checks were
reported to have been allegedly cashed by a former employee during a
21-month period in the 900 block at 4:48 p.m. Tuesday. The loss was
valued at $50,000 and the incident is under investigation.
* Temple Hills Drive: A couple returned from a trip out of town
Monday and noticed some things missing from their residence, but did
not report the loss until the next morning in the 800 block at 12:47
p.m. Tuesday. The missing items included a lap top computer and
jewelry and is valued at $50,000.
* Thalia Street: A Laguna Beach woman reported that she had been
advised that someone tried to charge $800 on a credit card but the
order was not approved in the 700 block at 5:58 p.m. Thursday.
* Virginia Way: Renters returned from a lengthy vacation to find
the building had been sold in their absence and some of their
property missing. Police assisted them in recovering most of the
missing property from the landlord. The incident was reported in the
31700 block at 8:46 a.m. Monday.
* Wesley Drive: A Briefcase/backpack was reported stolen from an
unlocked vehicle parked in a gated community in the 21700 block at
8:21 a.m. Friday. The value was $5,600.
The Police Blotter is compiled and written by Mary Castillo from
oral and written reports from the Laguna Beach Police Department and
other sources. Not all police activity is included. Arrests indicate
suspicion of violations, not charges filed nor the results of court
action unless noted.