* North Coast Highway: A resident reported that strikers at
Pavilions were using air horns and a whistle at 9:34 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A resident reported that strikers at Ralphs
were blocking the driveway at 5:57 p.m.
* Nyes Place: A resident reported that fumes from a tented house
in the 700 block were billowing in the wind and she was concerned
that they would make her more ill at 2:15 p.m.
* North Coast Highway: A resident said she was tired of hearing
horns honking all day because of strikers at Pavilions and said she
would like to sign a complaint at 10:15 a.m.
* Laguna Canyon Road: A 40-year-old Laguna Beach resident
reportedly hit the gas instead of the brake while parking her car in
the 20000 block and hit a gas meter at 11:53 a.m., causing a leak
that the fire department contained.
* South Coast Highway: A visitor at Hotel Laguna reported that a
diamond necklace worth $3,000 and two diamond earrings worth $5,000
were stolen from a suitcase sometime between the night before and
* North Coast Highway: Someone at Gina’s Pizza reported that
strikers at Pavilions were making it difficult for people to get to
the restaurant at 5:41 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A man called police saying people were
trying to hold him hostage in the 1300 block at 1:29 a.m. After
police contacted the man, he said he’d rather remain a hostage than
visit the police station.
* South Coast Highway: The manager at Ralphs reportedly said he
was going to drive a delivery truck across the picket line himself
because the driver refused to do so at 12:28 p.m.