* Broadway and Forest Avenue: A driver was cited on suspicion of
possessing marijuana and driving with an open container of alcohol at
* Broadway and South Coast Highway: A person was reported yelling
and screaming on the boardwalk at 7:44 p.m.
* Cliff Drive and North Coast Highway: A woman reported her purse
had been stolen from her vehicle at 11:29 a.m. on Saturday.
* Forest Avenue: A person went to the Laguna Beach police station
to report finding a tennis racket at 9:49 a.m.
* North Coast Highway and Emerald Bay: A Los Angeles resident was
arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest after he reportedly fled
from officers who were warning him not to walk on the highway at 1:12
* South Coast Highway: A customer and grocery store employee were
reportedly having an argument in the 30800 block at 1:48 p.m.
* 2nd Street and Forest Avenue: A hit-and-run by the driver of a
small SUV was reported at 12:18 p.m. No injury was reported.
* Broadway and South Coast Plaza: A possibly intoxicated man was
reportedly staggering and stumbling before laying down on the
sidewalk at 5:58 p.m.
* Brooks Street: A dog was reported barking for three hours in the
400 block at 8:29 p.m.
* El Toro Road and Laguna Canyon Highway: A man in a beige truck
reportedly threatened to “blow” another man’s “brains out” at 12:01
* South Coast Highway: Construction workers reportedly refused to
get off of a roof in the 900 block at 9:57 a.m.
* South Coast Highway: A woman was arrested on a warrant for
driving under the influence after she reportedly refused to leave a
hotel room in the 600 block at 12:56 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A woman reported her business had been
broken into overnight in the 31800 block at 1:07 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A woman requested police assistance to
leave a grocery store after she was reportedly yelled at by picketers
in the 30900 block at 3:44 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A man reportedly put 30 crates in a fire
pit in the 31100 block at 3:38 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A woman was reported trespassing in the
1300 block at 11:05 p.m.
* South Coast Highway and Ocean Avenue: A woman reported that her
son punched her car and caused a dent at 3:21 p.m.
* Table Rock Beach: Three juveniles were reportedly talking loudly
on the rocks in the 31500 block at 11:21 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A transient was reported yelling
obscenities on the beach in the 31100 block at 6:44 p.m.
* 3rd Street: A large painting valued at $400 was reported stolen
in the 300 block at 5:53 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A man was reportedly causing a disturbance
in an emergency room in the 31800 block at 11:18 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: Two homeless men were reportedly throwing
trash at people in the 500 block at 2:19 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: The bass at a club was reportedly too loud
in the 600 block at 11:36 p.m.
* The POLICE LOG is compiled and written by Andrew Edwards from
oral and written reports from the Laguna Beach Police Department and
other sources. Not all police activity is included. Arrests indicate
suspicion of violations, not charges filed nor the results of court
action unless noted.