* Alta Vista Way: A juvenile was arrested on suspicion of driving
under the influence in the 70 block at 1:19 a.m.
* Third Street: A man reportedly hit a woman in the 300 block at
* Laguna Canyon Road and San Joaquin Hills Toll Road: A man was
arrested on suspicion of possessing burglary tools and violating
parole after a traffic stop at 4:45 a.m.
* La Mirada Street: A man reported finding a used condom in his
mailbox in the 800 block at 6:23 p.m.
* Los Olivos Street: A man reported another man threatened to kill
him over a business deal during a phone call in the 300 block at 8:20
* South Coast Highway: A sliding glass door in a house that was
under construction was reported smashed in the 900 block at 8:38 a.m.
* Thalia Street and Temple Hills Drive: Police received a report
that nails that had been spilled all over the road created a traffic
hazard at 4:21 p.m.
* Wendt Terrace and Glomstad Lane: A Goleta man was arrested on
suspicion of grand theft and battery at 3:28 p.m.
* Miramar Street: Two pit bulls were reported running around in
the 900 block at 5:46 p.m.
* Ocean Avenue and Beach Street: Three men were arrested on
suspicion of cocaine possession after an officer searched a vehicle
after reportedly seeing cocaine embedded in the vehicle's carpet at
* Cliff Drive: Four men and two women were reported drinking and
yelling near the lawn bowling green in the 300 block at 2:16 a.m.
* South Coast Highway: Four children were reported trying to
explode bottles under a stairway in the 31600 block at 5:09 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A Santa Cruz man was arrested on grand
theft warrants in the 500 block at 7:07 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: Jewelry was reported stolen in the 1400
block at 8:02 p.m.
* South Coast Highway and Forest Avenue: A man riding a bike
reportedly "banged" on a woman's vehicle, screamed at her and would
not let her pass him at 11:24 a.m.
* Temple Hills Drive and Zell Drive: Two juveniles were reportedly
riding trash cans down the Temple Hills Drive, spilling trash all
over the street at 10:31 p.m.
* Main Beach: Homeless people were reported fighting in the 100
block at 7:35 p.m.
* San Tropez Court: A middle school teacher reported children were
using aerosol cans to light fires in the 200 block at 6:44 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: Credit card fraud totaling $5,000 was
reported in the 30800 block at 3:14 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: Juveniles were reported pushing shopping
carts into parked cars in the 1600 block at 11:59 p.m.
* The POLICE FILES are compiled and written by Andrew Edwards from
oral and written reports from the Laguna Beach Police Department and
other sources. Not all police activity is included. Arrests indicate
suspicion of violations, not charges filed nor the results of court
action unless noted.