COSTA MESA — A 28-year-old woman, allegedly under the influence of fire extinguisher fumes, was reported running naked through the hallways of a Newport Boulevard motel, according to police.
The Orange resident reportedly took a fire extinguisher from the hallway of the Motel 6 at 2274 Newport Blvd. and inhaled the fumes, according to Sgt. Zack Hoferitza.
When police arrived about 5:15 p.m. Tuesday they found her alone in a room with blood on the floor and mattress and a window screen pried from the frame.
The woman was found naked in the bathtub, scratching at her eyes, Hoferitza said.
The woman, who almost died from inhaling the fumes of the fire extinguisher, and nearly pulled out one of her eyes, was taken to Western Medical Center in Santa Ana for further evaluation, police said.
— Lauren Williams