Advertisement
Share

15th annual Newport Beach Restaurant Week to be served up this season

The steak pizzaiola from Provenance at the Newport Beach Restaurant Week.
The steak pizzaiola from Provenance at the Newport Beach Restaurant Week at the Lincoln Experience Center at Fashion Island in 2020.
(Scott Smeltzer / Staff Photographer)

Newport Beach Restaurant Week is back.

Having faced a delay announced back in November, the two-week celebration of the city’s local restaurants returns for its 15th reiteration on the heels of past campaigns to encourage local patronage of Newport Beach’s businesses. The event is typically held in January, but organizers said that they decided to postpone it in response to the rising case loads reported late last year.

At the time, Orange County was still in the purple tier. Now, Orange County counts among other counties in the orange tier, which indicates moderate transmission. This expands indoor dining capacities to 50% or 200 people, whichever is fewer.

Dine Newport Beach and the Newport Beach Restaurant Assn. said local epicures can expect prix-fixe menus with specialty dishes, exclusive deals and takeout options.

Organizers said last year’s Newport Beach Restaurant Week netted an estimated combined total of $3.9 million for the participating restaurants.

As of Tuesday afternoon, among the dozens of restaurants participating this year are 21 Oceanfront Restaurant, Canaletto Ristorante Veneto and the Bungalow Restaurant.

New this year is the arrival of the NBRW Pass, a digital platform that aggregates all the information on participating businesses and their available offers and special menus once the event goes live this upcoming Monday and continues through May 2. A similar application was tested during last year’s Holiday Pass in December and Restaurant Month in September campaigns.

Users can sign up at visitnewportbeach.com/Restaurant-Week.

“We encourage all Newport Beach eateries to join in on the event and we want to express our sincerest gratitude to the community for their continued outpouring support of our local restaurant industry,” said Carlos Godinez, the president of the Newport Beach Restaurant Assn. and general manager at Tavern House Kitchen + Bar.

“We are looking forward to officially opening our doors once again and we hope you’ll be our guest during Restaurant Week,” said Godinez in a statement.

Support our coverage by becoming a digital subscriber.


Advertisement