* St. Ann’s Drive: A wooden stick or chair leg was reportedly
thrown through a glass door in the 200 block at 7:31 a.m.
* Forest Avenue: A business reported that an older man was
bleeding outside in the 400 block at 2:36 p.m. The man did not want
* Cliff Drive: A resident reported an overflowing washing machine
in the 500 block at 3:34 p.m.
* South Stonington: A husband reported that his wife was missing
in the 20 block at 2:42 a.m. He called back when she called from
their friend’s house down the street.
* Cliff /Lower Cliff drives: A Frito Lay truck hit a mini-van as
it pulled out of a parking space near the intersection at 8:48 a.m.
Firefighters had to extract a driver and a passenger. The driver of
the van was transported to Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center
for neck pain.
* Bent Street: A caller became verbally abusive to a 911
dispatcher in the 400 block at 10:53 a.m. The dispatcher advised the
caller to contact the department’s business line.
* Lower Cliff Drive: A resident reported a hummingbird that flew
into the home in the 200 block at 10:31 a.m.
* Park Avenue: An officer was called to talk to a juvenile who
had made a false 911 call in the 2100 block at 12:30 p.m.
* Cozumel: A resident called police when she was alerted to a
couple fighting in a nearby apartment in the 300 block at 12:41 p.m.
Police arrested a 23-year-old Santa Ana man on an outstanding
warrants for possession of a controlled substance and possession with
intent to sell.
* Forest Avenue: A restaurant contacted police when two female
customers refused to pay their bill in the 200 block at 8:09 p.m. One
left and the other paid the bill.
* Alexander Road: A woman reported that she caught her husband
with a prostitute in the 2000 block at 7:19 a.m. She was advised by
police that it is not a crime for two consenting adults.
* Locust Street: A resident reported that a dark blue Audi
convertible was stolen sometime in the evening in the 400 block at
* Laguna Canyon Road: Police arrested a 24-year-old New Jersey
resident on suspicion of committing burglary in the 20000 block at
* Cliff Drive: Valets contacted police after a belligerent driver
refused to pay them in the 300 block at 1:14 p.m. They decided to
contact the restaurant for his name.
* South Stonington: A resident reported that someone stole a palm
tree out of the ground from his backyard in the 20 block at 2:36 p.m.
He estimated the tree’s value between $400-500.
* Via Cereza: Laguna detectives served a search warrant at a
Mission Viejo residence in the 20000 block at 1:39 p.m. They arrested
a 37-year-old man on suspicion of possession of a controlled
substance, possession of stolen property, possession of a stolen
firearm and possessing a firearm as a felon and on a San Bernardino
warrant for driving under the influence. He was transported to Orange
County Jail in lieu of $30,000.
* 7th Avenue/South Coast Highway: Police responded to a traffic
collision involving four cars, one of them parked, near the
intersection at 2:29 a.m. They arrested a 26-year-old San Clemente
woman on suspicion of driving under the influence.
* Park Avenue: Police responded to a traffic collision involving
a car and a wall in the 2500 block at 11:56 a.m.
* South Coast Highway: A bartender contacted police to report an
assault in the 800 block at 10:43 a.m. He reported that a customer
hit him in the face the previous night after he refused to serve him
* Tree Top Lane: An officer advised two skateboarders to not
skate on school grounds in the 3000 block at 1:49 p.m.
* Police Station: A 27-year-old Anaheim resident came into the
station to talk to an officer and was arrested on suspicion of
assault with a deadly weapon.
* Diamond Street: Three persons fell when a balcony collapsed in
the 500 block at 8:37 p.m. The balcony fell one story, and two of the
persons went to Mission Hospital with moderate injuries.
* Park Avenue: A blue Suburban was reported stolen in the 2000
block at 9:17 a.m. The vehicle was last seen the night before in the
driveway, and the owner still had the keys.
* South Coast Highway/Irvine Cove Drive: An officer pulled over a
suspected drunk driver near the intersection at 4:12 p.m. The driver
turned out to be extremely tired.
* North Coast Highway: A resident reported that someone had taken
the registration tags off the vehicle in the 400 block at 9:08 a.m.
* Cliff Drive/Broadway: Police were alerted to drivers making
illegal turns into the bus depot to avoid traffic at 1:21 p.m.
* The Police Log is compiled and written by Mary A. Castillo from
oral and written reports from the Laguna Beach Police Department and
other sources. Not all police activity is included. Arrests indicate
suspicion of violations, not charges filed nor the results of court
action unless noted.