* Cliff Drive: Officers responded to a call about a possible dead
body in the alley near the 100 block at 8:15 p.m. The victim had
fallen and hit his head. He was transported to South Coast Medical
* El Toro /Laguna Canyon roads: A horse on the loose was reported
near the intersection at 10:55 a.m. It was caught before an animal
service officer arrived.
* Tablerock Beach: An officer pulled over a driver for expired
registration tags at 10:07 p.m. After talking to the driver, the
officer recognized signs that the driver was under the influence of
drugs. During a search of the car, police found cocaine and drug
paraphernalia. The 21-year-old Crestline man was arrested for
possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia. He told
police he was on his way to party with friends at the beach. Police
conducted a search at the beach and cited two men from Yorba Linda,
26 and 19, for possession of marijuana.
* Broadway: Police responded to a battery in progress call and
arrested a man with an outstanding warrant for failing to appear on
the charges of being under the influence of drugs in the 300 block at
* Tia Juana: Police dispatchers received a 911 hang-up call from
the area at 9:02 a.m. When they called the number, a man explained
that his son was playing with the phone.
* Main Beach: An 8-year-old girl in the children’s playground
fell and hit her head on the steps at 1:20 a.m. She was taken to
* Forest Avenue: A business owner reported that a young man was
playing loud music and cussing at passersby in the 200 block at 3:31
p.m. An officer contacted the man, who agreed to take the bus back to
* Cliff Drive: A resident reported that a woman climbed onto the
balcony of his house in the 600 block at 9:18 a.m.
* Broadway: A store owner called police to “shoo away” a
transient sleeping in the doorway of the business in the 200 block at
* Third Avenue: A resident reported that the door of his home was
open in the 22000 block. It turned out that the dogs did it.
* Zell Drive: A resident reported a stolen purse in the 3000
block at 11:16 a.m. At 4 a.m. that morning, she and her husband woke
up to a crash. They fell back asleep and later that day discovered
that someone had opened a window in the living room and stolen the
purse. The case is under investigation.
* South Coast Highway: Two vehicles nearly ran into a flower
stand in the 2000 block at 6:25 p.m. A driver was trying to make a
U-turn when an oncoming vehicle hit hers and forced her vehicle onto
the sidewalk. The driver of the first vehicle was cited for making an
* El Toro Road/73 Toll Road: An officer pulled over a driver at
10:15 p.m. The driver had no license. Police called his wife to pick
* South Coast Highway: Staff contacted police when a woman hit a
nurse in the 31000 block at 10:54 p.m. Police arrested the
46-year-old Long Beach woman for public intoxication.
* The Police Log is compiled and written by Mary A. Castillo from
oral and written reports from the Laguna Beach Police Department and
other sources. Not all police activity is included. Arrests indicate
suspicion of violations, not charges filed nor the results of court
action unless noted.