3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup almond meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with well-buttered foil.
2. In large bowl beat the first five ingredients together, scraping the bowl to incorporate.
3. In another bowl, stir together flours, almond meal and baking soda. Gradually add these dry ingredients to the mixture in the larger bowl, scraping down as necessary. Pour in all the chocolate chips and mix.
4. Drop large chunks of dough on pan.
Wet hands and pat dough evenly in pan; use a patting rather than spreading motion so foil stays secure.
5. Place in oven, bake 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Cool slightly, then cut into desired pieces while still warm.