Electrocuted man's identity released

The Orange County Sheriff's Office has released the name of the man who was electrocuted March 29 while washing a medical building's windows in Huntington Beach.

Pomona resident Gandy Ochoa was 27 years old, said Supervising Deputy Coroner Larry Esslinger.

Ochoa was washing the windows at 17742 Beach Blvd. on Tuesday when he was electrocuted by a 12,000-volt power line that killed him instantly.

Ochoa, who was employed by a private contractor, was using a 30- to 40-foot pole with a brush at the end to wash the windows. It looked as if he was maneuvering through the building's landscaping and touched the power line with the pole, authorities said. His body also caught fire.

The accident is under investigation by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

—Mona Shadia

Copyright © 2019, Daily Pilot
EDITION: California | U.S. & World