Garage catches fire on Joann Street

Flammable items placed too close to a water heater resulted in a garage fire on Joann Street in Costa Mesa over the weekend, fire officials said Monday.

Costa Mesa firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire in a garage in the 700 block just before 8 p.m. Saturday.

Residents from both attached apartments were evacuated, and no injuries were reported. The fire was contained to the garage and quickly extinguished, which minimized the total damage to the structure, according to a news release. The release did not detail a monetary amount of damage.

—Hannah Fry


Copyright © 2019, Daily Pilot
EDITION: California | U.S. & World