Confirmed COVID-19 cases rose steadily over the weekend in Orange County, hitting 882 cases and holding at 14 deaths on Monday.
The county had 711 total cases and 13 deaths as of Friday. The most recent death was on Saturday.
The current cumulative case count comes from 10,489 tests, the county Health Care Agency said in its Monday update — in other words, 8.4% of tests have returned positive, a rate that has been generally consistent over the past three weeks.
Between March 16, when the county started releasing the number of tests processed by both public and private labs, and Monday, the median rate of positive tests was an even 8%.
The agency also said in Monday’s update that 130 people were hospitalized with the virus, with 72 of them in intensive care.
Here are the latest case counts for select cities, with their numbers per 10,000 residents:
- Anaheim: 92 (2.6 cases per 10,000 residents)
- Irvine: 77 (2.7 cases per 10,000 residents)
- Newport Beach: 73 (8.4 cases per 10,000 residents)
- Huntington Beach: 62 (3 cases per 10,000 residents)
- Santa Ana: 62 (1.8 cases per 10,000 residents)
- Laguna Beach: 34 (14.6 cases per 10,000 residents)
- Costa Mesa: 20 (1.7 cases per 10,000 residents)
- Fountain Valley: 12 (2.1 cases per 10,000 residents)
Updated figures are posted daily at occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc.