Orange County reports 152 new cases and no new deaths related to COVID-19
There were 152 new COVID-19 cases reported Monday by the Orange County Health Care Agency and no new deaths related to the virus, bringing the total number of cases in the county to 58,725. The death toll in the county stands at 1,447.
Data from the agency state there are 162 patients currently hospitalized and 59 in intensive care units.
About 52,402 are estimated to have recovered.
The total number of tests in the county has reached 1,066,848, including the 5,498 tests reported Monday by the county agency. The county surpassed the benchmark of 1 million tests for COVID-19 last week. This does not include the total number of antigen tests reported in the county, which is now at 1,858.
The county currently sees an adjusted daily case rate of 4.6 for every 100,000 residents, which still falls in the parameter for the second, “red” tier in the state’s reopening guidelines. The testing positivity rate remains at 3.2%, and the health equity quartile positivity rate, which tracks test positivity rates in disadvantaged communities, is 5.6%.
To move into the next tier, the county‘s adjusted daily case rate will need to fall between 1 to 3.9 cases for every 100,000 and its health equity quartile positive rate between 2.2 to 5.2%.
Orange County has remained in the red tier since Sept. 8.
Here are the latest cumulative coronavirus case counts and COVID-19 deaths for select cities in Orange County:
- Santa Ana: 11,340 cases; 309 deaths
- Anaheim: 10,043 cases; 314 deaths
- Huntington Beach: 2,572 cases; 85 deaths
- Costa Mesa: 2,000 cases; 44 deaths
- Irvine: 1,861 cases; 13 deaths
- Newport Beach: 1,221 cases; 26 deaths
- Fountain Valley: 560 cases; 20 deaths
- Laguna Beach: 247 cases; fewer than five deaths
Here are the case counts by age group, followed by deaths:
- 0 to 17: 4,324 cases; one death
- 18 to 24: 8,829 cases; five deaths
- 25 to 34: 12,608 cases; 20 deaths
- 35 to 44: 9,365 cases; 37 deaths
- 45 to 54: 9,474 cases; 114 deaths
- 55 to 64: 7,049 cases; 201 deaths
- 65 to 74: 3,522 cases; 286 deaths
- 75 to 84: 1,956 cases; 313 deaths
- 85 and older: 1,552 cases; 470 deaths
All the latest on Orange County from Orange County.
Get our free TimesOC newsletter.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Daily Pilot.