Orange County reports 1,666 new COVID-19 cases
The Orange County Health Care Agency reported 1,666 new coronavirus cases on Saturday in the latest numbers released regarding transmission of the virus.
The county reported no additional deaths due to COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, keeping the total number of fatalities countywide at 1,577. Since the start of the pandemic, the county has experienced 76,761 cases.
Hospitalizations because of the virus stand at 534, and 138 of those patients are receiving treatment in intensive care units.
There were 11,017 tests for the virus reported within the last day, which brings the total number of tests administered to 1,437,146. Healthcare agency data indicates that an estimated 59,266 people have recovered after contracting the virus.
Orange County resides within the most restrictive, purple tier. The reopening metrics have the county carrying seven-day averages of 18.7 daily new cases per 100,000 residents and a testing positivity rate of 7.6%. Those numbers come with a four-day lag.
The virus has consistently proven to be most dangerous for the elderly. Healthcare agency data shows that 1,172 of those to suffer virus-related deaths have been at least 65 years old. That accounts for 74.3% of the county’s death toll due to the pandemic.
Here are the latest cumulative coronavirus case counts and COVID-19 deaths for select cities in Orange County:
- Santa Ana: 14,804 cases; 331 deaths
- Anaheim: 12,922 cases; 344 deaths
- Huntington Beach: 3,302 cases; 89 deaths
- Costa Mesa: 2,593 cases; 45 deaths
- Irvine: 2,657 cases; 14 deaths
- Newport Beach: 1,467 cases; 26 deaths
- Fountain Valley: 827 cases; 21 deaths
- Laguna Beach: 323 cases; fewer than five deaths
Here are the case counts by age group, followed by deaths:
- 0 to 17: 6,227 cases; one death
- 18 to 24: 11,282 cases; four deaths
- 25 to 34: 16,361 cases; 21 deaths
- 35 to 44: 12,224 cases; 40 deaths
- 45 to 54: 12,414 cases; 120 deaths
- 55 to 64: 9,228 cases; 219 deaths
- 65 to 74: 4,698 cases; 309 deaths
- 75 to 84: 2,438 cases; 343 deaths
- 85 and older: 1,833 cases; 520 deaths
All the latest on Orange County from Orange County.
Get our free TimesOC newsletter.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Daily Pilot.