Costa Mesa offers free walk-up COVID-19 testing as O.C. logs 4,204 infections, 43 more deaths
While lines of cars at Orange County COVID-19 testing super sites continue to wrap around city blocks, area residents on Saturday took advantage of a new weekend testing option at the Costa Mesa Senior Center.
A walk-up testing kiosk outside the 19th Street facility will offer free coronavirus swab testing, by appointment, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday through March.
Made possible by a partnership between the city of Costa Mesa, the Orange County Health Care Agency and the 360 Clinic, the kiosk is anticipated to provide up to 500 tests per day. Clinicians will be on hand to answer questions, and those tested will receive results within 24 to 72 hours via text message or email.
Costa Mesa Mayor Katrina Foley said in a release issued Thursday city officials were grateful to be able to offer testing options to even more residents.
“This new testing and health kiosk at our Senior Center will allow those who live on the Westside better access to testing and healthcare resources closer to home,” Costa Mesa Mayor Katrina Foley said in a statement. “Testing for COVID-19 is an important tool to help us get this virus under control.”
Registration is available at 360clinic.md, and visitors must bring a form of identification and an insurance card, if available.
Orange County Health Care Agency officials on Saturday recorded 4,204 new cases, bringing the cumulative total of coronavirus infections to 185,481 cases. With 43 new deaths reported, the countywide fatality rate rose to 2,041.
Area hospitals reported 2,221 residents were being treated for COVID-19, with 528 in intensive care units.
The county’s seven-day average of new cases remained fixed Saturday at 67.8 per 100,000 residents. Another 17,080 tests were issued, bringing the cumulative number of tests issued to 2,223,962 and accounting for a seven-day average testing positivity rate of 17.1%.
Here are the latest cumulative coronavirus case counts and COVID-19 deaths for select cities in Orange County:
- Santa Ana: 34,258 cases; 393 deaths
- Anaheim: 31,432 cases; 432 deaths
- Huntington Beach: 7,446 cases; 113 deaths
- Costa Mesa: 6,193 cases; 56 deaths
- Irvine: 6,958 cases; 28 deaths
- Newport Beach: 2,617 cases; 32 deaths
- Fountain Valley: 2,423 cases; 33 deaths
- Laguna Beach: 568 cases; fewer than five deaths
Here are the case counts by age group, followed by deaths:
- 0 to 17: 17,836 cases; one death
- 18 to 24: 25,823 cases; five deaths
- 25 to 34: 38,150 cases; 27 deaths
- 35 to 44: 29,311 cases; 46 deaths
- 45 to 54: 30,008 cases; 146 deaths
- 55 to 64: 23,057 cases; 277 deaths
- 65 to 74: 11,478 cases; 390 deaths
- 75 to 84: 5,751 cases; 469 deaths
- 85 and older: 3,946 cases; 680 deaths
All the latest on Orange County from Orange County.
Get our free TimesOC newsletter.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Daily Pilot.