* Graceland Drive: A driver reported that a vehicle hit her open
door and then fled in the 500 block at 6:33 a.m.
* Cozumel: Police and emergency personnel responded to a medical
emergency call in the 200 block at 9:49 a.m. A 36-year-old Laguna
woman overdosed on pills and was transported to Mission Hospital.
* Catalina Street: A resident caught a baby possum after
discovering dogs playing with it in the 600 block at 6:47 p.m.
* Park Avenue: A 27-year-old Mission Viejo resident was cited for
illegal lodging in the 400 block at 5:17 a.m.
* Bluebird Canyon Drive: Neighbors reported that a noisy hot tub
was cycling on and off in the 200 block at 5:16 a.m.
* Mountain/Catalina: Police received four calls about an
out-of-control, three-legged deer in the area at 9:18 a.m.
* Nyes Place: A resident reported that a bird flew into her
residence and was lying stunned on the patio in the 400 block at
* South Coast Highway/Legion Street: A resident reported an
elderly relative was driving without a license or car insurance near
the area at 11:35 a.m.
* Ocean Avenue: A 39-year-old Laguna transient was arrested on
suspicion for pubic intoxication and making terrorist threats in the
200 block at 12:31 p.m.
* North Coast Highway/Boat Canyon Drive: A female driver was
reportedly speeding and cutting off other drivers near the
intersection at 4:54 p.m. Police were unable to locate her.
* South Coast Highway: Police responded to a woman reportedly
walking down the middle of the street in the 600 block at 5:02 a.m.
She was looking for her car and was transported to her hotel.
* Skyline Drive: A resident reported that an unknown suspect
stole a trash can in the 100 block at 9:55 a.m.
* Buena Vista Way: A resident found an injured dog laying
alongside the road in the 600 block at 11:01 a.m. The owner took it
to a vet.
* South Coast Highway: A resident was transported to the hospital
for a 72-hour-mental evaluation but escaped from doctors in the 31000
block at 12:07 p.m.
* Laguna Canyon Road: A resident reported that he saw a truck
back into a parking meter on Oct. 17 in the 1000 block at 2:44 p.m.
City workers discovered two damaged meters.
* Starlit Drive: Dispatch received a hang-up call in the 1200
block at 3:32 p.m. The resident apologized for her child who was
playing with the phone.
* Harold Drive: A resident reported two coyotes roaming the
neighborhood in the 300 block at 4:29 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A 45-year-old Garden Grove resident was
arrested for public intoxication in the 400 block at 5:49 p.m.
* Holly Drive: A resident heard four shots in the 31000 block at
10:04 p.m. Police found people shooting fireworks down at South Aliso
* South Coast Highway: A store manager reported that a man was
causing a disturbance in the 600 block at 10:22 a.m.
* North Coast Highway: A customer reported that when he tried to
enter a store the doors were locked and the lights were on during
business hours in the 1000 block at 4:20 p.m. Police found that the
business was secure.
* Cozumel: A 37-year-old overdose victim was transported to
Saddleback Hospital from the 200 block at 9:02 p.m.
* Cozumel: A resident reported that an unknown suspect broke into
her home and stole her purse while she was sleeping in the 100 block
at 1:43 a.m.
* South Coast Highway/Vista del Sol: A driver reported a propane
tank in the middle of the road near in the intersection at 11:42 a.m.
* Third Street: A resident reported that a dog owner was yelling
and hitting his dog in the 300 block at 2:59 p.m.
* West Street Beach: A resident called police after observing men
taking nude photos of each other on the beach at 6:03 p.m.
* Ashton Drive: A resident reported that a group of juveniles
smashed his mail box in the 400 block at 9:30 p.m. Police spoke with
one of the suspects who promised to pay for the damage.
* South Coast Highway: Police received a call that people were
stuck in the elevator due to a power outage in the 31000 block at
* Park Avenue: A 48-year-old Laguna woman was arrested on
suspicion for making terrorist threats in the 600 block at 7:48 a.m.
* South Coast Highway/Wesley Drive: A driver was hit while
waiting for the signal near the intersection at 11:53 a.m. The other
driver drove off.
* Starlit Drive: A resident reported that a trash truck hit a
fire hydrant and water was going everywhere in the 1200 block at 1:04
p.m. A water district unit responded.
* Main Beach: Two people were reported for allegedly selling
drugs at 4:56 p.m. Police arrested a 26-year-old Lancaster man on
suspicion for possession of a drug without a prescription and cited
him for possession of marijuana. A 26-year-old Lancaster woman was
arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, possession of a drug
without a prescription and possession of a narcotic for sale. Two
small children were transported to Orangewood Children’s Home.
* South Coast Highway: A dead pigeon was reported for causing
traffic problems in the 100 block at 5:40 p.m.
* McKnight Drive: A resident reported that someone painted the
curb red and splattered paint on her car in the 100 block at 5:46
* Viejo Street: A Laguna man reported that a stranger approached
him and asked if he had been in prison in the 200 block at 10:39 p.m.
* The Police Log is compiled and written by Mary A. Castillo from
oral and written reports from the Laguna Beach Police Department and
other sources. Not all police activity is included. Arrests indicate
suspicion of violations, not charges filed nor the results of court
action unless noted.