* Diamond Street and South Coast Highway: Graffiti was reported on
a traffic signal control box at 8:14 a.m.
* Marine Drive: A burglary and theft of a 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII
was reported in the 1000 block at 9:39 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A man reportedly tried to exchange
prescription drugs in a restaurant in the 1400 block at 8:13 p.m.
* Alta Vista Way: A dog owner was cited after two pit bulls were
reported chasing a Chihuahua in the 600 block at 2:01 p.m.
* Catalina Avenue and Monterey Street: A man reported that his son
told him teenagers kicked young children out of a park at 2:59 p.m.
* Irvine Cove Court: A woman reported a man threatened to shoot
her if she ever walks by his house again while she was walking her
dog in the 100 block at 4:39 p.m.
* North Coast Highway: Police broke open a window to rescue a baby
that was locked inside a car in the 300 block at 1:02 p.m. Police said the child had locked the door while the child's mother was
putting change in a parking meter and had left her purse in the car.
No citation was issued to the mother.
* Paso del Sur: Two antique guns were reported stolen in the 22100
block at 1:19 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: A man reported he was pushed to the ground
while at a bar the previous night in the 1500 block at 2:25 p.m. The
man reportedly told the manager of the bar he thought he was the
victim of a hate crime because he is gay.
* Alta Laguna Park: Four men were reported riding a vehicle on a
playing field in the 3300 block at 6:07 p.m.
* Raquel Road: Three paintings were reported stolen from a home in
the 21000 block at 4:37 p.m. Police contacted the suspect, who
reportedly painted the pictures, and the artwork was returned at 7:02
* South Coast Highway: A fight was reported in the 300 block at
* South Coast Highway: A Laguna Beach man was arrested on a
warrant for possession of dangerous drugs in the 2000 block at 6:28
* South Coast Highway: A transient was arrested on suspicion of
being drunk in public after he was reported harassing people on the
beach in the 100 block at 7:31 p.m.
* Table Rock Drive: A man reported children stole wood fence parts
to use for a fire at the beach in the 31600 block at 9:52 p.m.
* McKnight Drive: A burglary was reported in the 100 block at 1:09
p.m. Police were informed the crime occurred within the past 10
* South Coast Highway: A camera and camera equipment was reported
stolen out of a vehicle in the 31100 block at 11:29 a.m.
* Table Rock Beach: Several teenagers were reported drinking and
smoking marijuana on the sand in the 31500 block at 10:37 p.m.
* The POLICE FILES are compiled and written by Andrew Edwards from
oral and written reports from the Laguna Beach Police Department and
other sources. Not all police activity is included. Arrests indicate
suspicion of violations, not charges filed nor the results of court
action unless noted.