Edison High School inducted 11 alumni into its hall of fame during a banquet Thursday at the Huntington Beach campus.
New to the hall this year are:
- Mark Boyer (class of 1980) is a former football player for USC, the
Indianapolis Coltsand the New York Jets. He is currently vice president of the western region of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
- Jack Clark (1974) is a rugby coach who has coached at UC Berkeley for 35 years, winning dozens of championships. He also coached the U.S. national team from 1993 to 1999.
- Donna Gunnell Garza (1973) is a Superior Court judge in San Bernardino County. She was a member of Edison’s first graduating class.
- Jeff Hyder (1978) is senior vice president of sales and operations at Simple Green, a cleaning products company based in Huntington Beach. He also served on the foundation for Orange Coast College and supported Edison football.
- Shelly Luth (1976) was one of Edison’s early female athletes of the year. She coached softball at Marina High School for 31 years and is a member of the Orange County Softball Hall of Fame and the CIF Hall of Fame.
- Rachel Osterbach (2001) is a cast member on “Born This Way,” a show about adults with Down syndrome pursuing their passions. Osterbach has been involved with the Down Syndrome Assn. of Orange County, Toastmasters International and
- Frank Seurer (1980) was a quarterback for the University of Kansas, the Los Angeles Express and the
Kansas City Chiefs. After the NFL, he became a firefighter and an emergency medical technician in Kansas.
- Jon “Ty” Thomas (1985) is a major general in the Air Force, where he has served for nearly 30 years. His positions have included commander of the 86th Operations Group in Germany. He has a master’s degree in public policy from
- Paul Tomasic (1976) is the medical director of endocrinology and primary care services with the WellHealth Medical Group in Las Vegas. He also was a military doctor who left the Navy after 25 years, where he attained the rank of captain.
- John “Jack” Weber (1975) was his class valedictorian at Edison and USC. He is the founder and president of Letty Places Associates, a home improvement company. He also served in various government positions, including as a media relations official for President Reagan.
- Dave White (1974) was head coach for Edison football for 31 years after playing at Edison, Orange Coast College and Oregon State University. He finished with a 238-119-3 overall record, winning 13 Sunset League championships.