Orange County reports 12 deaths due to COVID-19
The Orange County Health Care Agency reported 12 deaths due to the coronavirus and 147 new infections in the latest data released on Saturday.
That brings the total number of fatalities in the county due to the pandemic to 1,093. Cumulatively, there have been 50,760 cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, among county residents.
From the deaths reported by the healthcare agency on Saturday, 11 of the lives lost were skilled nursing facility residents.
At present, there are 215 cases of the virus that require hospitalization, and 65 of the patients are in intensive care units.
There were 8,558 tests reported in the last day, bringing the total number of tests administered to 732,422. An estimated 45,126 recoveries have been made countywide from a bout with the virus.
Orange County recently progressed into the second tier of red, or “substantial transmission,” in the color-coded state guidelines for reopening. The requirements for that tier were that the county see between four to seven new daily cases per 100,000 residents and have a testing positivity rate of 5% to 8%.
The county currently is averaging 5.2 new cases per 100,000 residents and a testing positivity rate of 4.2% over the span of a week. Those numbers come with a seven-day lag.
Here are the latest cumulative coronavirus case counts and COVID-19 deaths for select cities in Orange County:
- Santa Ana: 9,734 cases; 258 deaths
- Anaheim: 8,656 cases; 236 deaths
- Huntington Beach: 2,287 cases; 70 deaths
- Costa Mesa: 1,760 cases; 27 deaths
- Irvine: 1,550 cases; 12 deaths
- Newport Beach: 1,088 cases; 21 deaths
- Fountain Valley: 484 cases; 12 deaths
- Laguna Beach: 197 cases; fewer than five deaths
Here are the case counts by age group, followed by deaths:
- 0 to 17: 3,476 cases; one death
- 18 to 24: 7,597 cases; four deaths
- 25 to 34: 11,025 cases; 17 deaths
- 35 to 44: 8,138 cases; 30 deaths
- 45 to 54: 8,202 cases; 94 deaths
- 55 to 64: 6,114 cases; 156 deaths
- 65 to 74: 3,042 cases; 221 deaths
- 75 to 84: 1,740 cases; 234 deaths
- 85 and older: 1,380 cases; 336 deaths
All the latest on Orange County from Orange County.
Get our free TimesOC newsletter.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Daily Pilot.