Cat rescued from burning house

Costa Mesa firefighters extinguished a fire at a single-family home and rescued the family's cat Friday morning, officials said.

A smoke detector alerted the family to a fire shortly after midnight at their home in the 800 block of Santiago Road, according to the city of Costa Mesa.

The family escaped the house unharmed, and called the Costa Mesa Fire Department.

Firefighters could see heavy smoke from the home's garage and roofline, and rescued the cat from a smoke-filled room. They administered oxygen to the cat once outside the home.

No one was injured in the incident. Four fire engines, two trucks and 25 firefighters responded to the call.

— Lauren Williams

Twitter: @lawilliams30

Copyright © 2019, Daily Pilot
EDITION: California | U.S. & World