LOS ANGELES, Aug. 4, 2005 Angeles Publications has announced the September launch of Golf Living Magazine, a new quarterly luxury lifestyle publication showcasing distinctive golf travel destinations, luxury fairway living and the "spirit of the game."
Angeles Publications is a division of Tribune Los Angeles, Inc. Its niche magazines target select demographic and geographic segments of the Southern California market.
Golf Living is targeted specifically to golf enthusiasts whose lifestyles include exclusive destination travel, fine dining and luxurious living. It will regularly highlight the golf scene in Arizona, California and Hawaii and, seasonally, Nevada/Las Vegas and Baja California.
The magazine also will cover premier real estate, golf personalities and equipment picks, and will include commentary and ruminations on the "spirit of the game." Regular features will focus on wine tasting, art and culture, music, shopping and cuisine.
Copies of the magazine will be available beginning Sept. 1, which also marks the launch of the magazine's website, www.golflivingmag.com.
The magazine will have an initial circulation of 100,000, with 90,000 copies delivered to select households with a household income of at least $130,000. Distribution will target 28 of the most affluent Southern California ZIP codes, including the Westside and South Bay areas of Los Angeles County; Orange County; northern San Diego County; and Santa Barbara County. Five thousand copies will be sold at newsstands and bookstores throughout Southern California, with the remainder slotted for key resorts, private golf clubs, upscale public courses and special events.
George Fuller, former Links Magazine editor, will be the magazine's editor-in-chief.
"Golf Living is born out of a love for the game and the places it is played," said Fuller. "It will redefine 'golf lifestyle' for our readers.
"The developers of today's leading golf destinations be they resort, real estate, club membership or upscale daily fee know that it is no longer just about having a good golf course," he said. "It's all about the quality of the experience the spa, dining opportunities, and personalized service. Sophisticated golfers want to do more than golf when they travel, and that's the insight Golf Living will offer."
The premier issue of Golf Living Magazine will include:
- Cover story profiling Greg Norman's successful return to the senior pro circuit and his other successes, including his signature Vellano Country Club golf course in Southern California and off-the-links investments in Northern California vineyards;
- A look at November's PGA Grand Slam of Golf and the possible competitors vying for its $1 million purse at the Poipu Bay Golf Course in Kauai, Hawaii;
- A preview of the Trump National Golf Club in the exclusive Rancho Palos Verdes Estates area south of Los Angeles and the upcoming LPGA championship the club will host in September;
- An editorial package focusing on Southern California's Coachella Valley and the latest on its luxury real estate, golf resort and dining scene;
- "Sideways in Santa Barbara," a look at travel, golf and wine in Santa Barbara County; and
- Profiles of two new real estate developments: El Dorado in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and Spanish Peaks in Bozeman, Montana.
An annual special issue focused on "Best In The West" real estate will be published beginning in 2006.
"Southern California is an ideal market for Golf Living," said Holly Bowyer, publisher of Golf Living Magazine and president of Angeles Publications. "The region's golf market continues to grow, with golf courses now a regular feature of residential communities and resorts."
Said Bowyer, "No other region offers as much golf diversity as the American West, and few destinations in the world can match its quality. Pebble Beach, Bandon Dunes, Aspen, San Diego, Scottsdale, La Quinta, and Las Vegas are close by and, within a few hours' flight, are Banff and Whistler, Cabo and Puerto Vallarta, and the heavenly Hawaiian Islands."
Editorial offices are located at 202 West First Street, Los Angeles, Calif. 90012. Advertising inquiries should be directed to Holly Bowyer, publisher, Golf Living Magazine, at 213-237-5917.
Angeles Publications, a division of Tribune Los Angeles, Inc., publishes niche magazines targeting select demographic and geographic segments of the Southern California market. Its luxury lifestyle publication, Distinction Magazine, is published bi-monthly and has a circulation of 70,000 concentrated in the most affluent Southern California communities. Angeles Publications also publishes Hotel Bel-Air's quarterly magazine, "Bel-Air."