Man accused of killing six people in Michigan rampage sues Uber for $10 million

A man accused of fatally shooting six people between driving passengers for Uber in Michigan is suing the ride-sharing company for $10 million.

Jason Dalton filed a handwritten complaint Tuesday against Uber, saying he's "in prison because of Uber," though he doesn't mention the shootings directly. Police say Dalton told investigators after the Feb. 20 rampage in Kalamazoo that "a devil figure" on the Uber app was controlling him.

In his lawsuit, Dalton says Uber failed to pay him back wages and overtime.

Dalton is charged with murder and attempted murder in the shootings. Two people survived.

Uber's security chief said last month that until the shootings, the company had no reason to believe anything was amiss with Dalton.

ALSO

Oklahoma City bombing left deep impact on Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland

Analysis: All that violence at Trump rallies actually helps Hillary Clinton

Police: Prince George's officer slain a case of mistaken identity

Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times
62°