If you want some guidance on the best hotels in the world, U.S. News & World Report compiled 25 lists that cover top resorts around the globe.
Two California hotels -- the Peninsula Beverly Hills and the Auberge du Soleil in Napa Valley -- as well as the Aria Sky Suites and the Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas made the magazine's 2016 list of the top 10 hotels in the U.S.
Here's the full list:
1. The Lodge at Sea Island in Georgia
2. The Jefferson in Washington
3. Aria Sky Suites in Las Vegas
4. The Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in Kailua Kona, Hawaii
6. Montage Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton, S.C.
7. The Langham in Chicago
8. The Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas
9. The Waldorf Astoria in Chicago
10. The Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford, Calif.
Seventy-five hotels in Southern California were among the rankings of 2,500 hotels worldwide. The magazine uses expert and guest reviews as part of its assessments.
Check out all the rankings at U.S. News & World Report's website.