The Lodge at Sea Island in Georgia, the Inn at Palmetto Bluff in South Carolina and the Allison Inn & Spa in Oregon took the top spots in U.S. News & World Report's 2014 list of the best hotels in the United States.
The magazine's top 10 hotels in the U.S. included Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., lauded for its extensive renovation of the 45-acre site, and the Grand Del Mar in San Diego, which was singled out for its Tom Fazio-designed golf course and its other awards for exceptional service.
The Grand Del Mar also turned up as TripAdvisor's top hotel in the U.S., and Rancho Valencia earned five stars from Forbes Travel Guides this year.
U.S. News evaluated 1,693 luxury hotels and chose these as the best:
2. The Inn at Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton, S.C.
3. The Allison Inn & Spa in Newberg, Ore.
5. Four Seasons Resort Lanai, the Lodge at Koele on Lanai, Hawaii
6. Amangani in Jackson Hole, Wyo.
8. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Kaupulehu on the Big Island, Hawaii
The magazine also selected the Banyon Tree Cabo Marques in Acapulco as the best in Mexico, the Ritz-Carlton in Montreal as best in Canada, and Tortuga Bay in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, as best in the Caribbean.