49 summer delights in the Pacific Northwest
There's still time. The calendar says we have six weeks before summer slips away, so here's a hit list of 49 striking scenes and seasonally appropriate delights in Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. My family and I found them all on a 12-day, 1,100-mile road trip that began in Seattle, veered north to Canada, then south again to Portland. We finished on Aug. 5.
-- Christopher Reynolds, Los Angeles Times
Copyright © 2013, Los Angeles Times
- 'Iceman Cometh,' with Brian Dennehy, Nathan Lane, heading to BAM 12/18/2013, 3:10 p.m.
- Justin Bieber says he's 'retiring,' camp says he's just kidding 12/18/2013, 3:07 p.m.
- Ford warning on pricing, profit hits stock 12/18/2013, 3:04 p.m.
- FCC takes first step toward ending sports blackout rule 12/18/2013, 2:53 p.m.
- FCC wants to eliminate sports blackout rules 12/18/2013, 2:49 p.m.
- Arsenic levels at second battery recycler draw concerns - L.A. Times - California | Local News 12/18/2013, 9:58 p.m.
- Exide ordered to clean up toxic substances near Vernon plant - L.A. Times - California | Local News 12/18/2013, 9:54 p.m.
- L.A. Unified slashes number of iPads deemed needed for student tests - L.A. Times - California | Local News 12/18/2013, 8:48 p.m.
- Dodgers co-owner Peter Guber: No interest in buying Oakland Athletics - Sports - latimes.com 12/18/2013, 7:55 p.m.
- Mexico violence kills 10, including five teens at bus stop - L.A. Times - World News 12/18/2013, 7:46 p.m.