49 summer delights in the Pacific Northwest
There's still time. The calendar says we have six weeks before summer slips away, so here's a hit list of 49 striking scenes and seasonally appropriate delights in Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. My family and I found them all on a 12-day, 1,100-mile road trip that began in Seattle, veered north to Canada, then south again to Portland. We finished on Aug. 5.
-- Christopher Reynolds, Los Angeles Times
Copyright © 2013, Los Angeles Times
- Turquoise Thompson's talent in track and field runs in the family 05/22/2013, 5:25 p.m.
- House feels the heat on immigration reform 05/22/2013, 5:07 p.m.
- Dodgers plan for Don Mattingly to still be their manager Friday 05/22/2013, 4:56 p.m.
- Feet welcome multitude of fungi 05/22/2013, 4:53 p.m.
- DNA evidence in model's death 'overwhelming,' prosecutor says 05/22/2013, 4:50 p.m.
- Key IRS official refuses to testify - L.A. Times - National News 05/22/2013, 7:39 p.m.
- Angels run winning streak to four games by pounding Mariners, 7-1 - Sports - latimes.com 05/22/2013, 7:19 p.m.
- Jury awards $1.4 million to girl sexually abused by classmate - L.A. Times - California | Local News 05/22/2013, 7:07 p.m.
- New L.A. law on medical marijuana shops faces hazy future - L.A. Times - California | Local News 05/22/2013, 7:05 p.m.
- The road to Eric Garcetti's election romp - L.A. Times - California | Local News 05/22/2013, 6:57 p.m.