49 summer delights in the Pacific Northwest
There's still time. The calendar says we have six weeks before summer slips away, so here's a hit list of 49 striking scenes and seasonally appropriate delights in Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. My family and I found them all on a 12-day, 1,100-mile road trip that began in Seattle, veered north to Canada, then south again to Portland. We finished on Aug. 5.
-- Christopher Reynolds, Los Angeles Times
Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times
- Florida man charged with killing son whose cries hindered video game 04/18/2014, 1:19 p.m.
- Universal Studios Japan sets July opening for 'Harry Potter' attraction 04/18/2014, 1:08 p.m.
- Father of accused O.C. serial killer 'devastated' by charges 04/18/2014, 1:08 p.m.
- The new/old Juan Uribe continues to hurt baseballs for the Dodgers 04/18/2014, 1:05 p.m.
- Ryan Getzlaf, wife welcome baby girl 04/18/2014, 1:00 p.m.
- L.A. should be more selective with hotel tax breaks, some say - L.A. Times - California | Local News 04/18/2014, 5:20 p.m.
- Even the best parents can use an assist in helping troubled children - L.A. Times - California | Local News 04/18/2014, 4:35 p.m.
- Mexico earthquake causes panic but little damage in the capital - L.A. Times - World News 04/18/2014, 3:14 p.m.
- Cannes 2014: Can Ryan Gosling paddle through a lost river? - The Envelope - Ultimate Awards Site 04/18/2014, 2:56 p.m.
- Algeria's ailing President Abdelaziz Bouteflika wins reelection - L.A. Times - World News 04/18/2014, 2:27 p.m.