The Electric Daisy Carnival is about a month away from bringing North America's largest dance music festival to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The event from Insomniac returns for its fifth year June 19-21 with a lineup of electronic dance music artists performing on eight different stages on the speedway grounds. Here, a look at 19 reasons to get excited about the festival.
1. This year, the festival takes place on eight stages, each with its own design. Kinetic Field promises to be the largest stage in North America.
2. More than 15,000 pounds of confetti will rain down on fans over the three-day festival.
3. Need a photo? The event features photo booths where fans can capture the moment.
4. Skip the drive and take a VIP flight via
to the festival. A private charter with up to seven people starts at $3,000 for a one-way trip and $5,000 for round trips.
? Dive head first into the ball pit.
6. Those who head to the festival for all three days from dusk to dawn will hear more than 30 hours of live music.
7. Last year, the festival let guests get married at the event for the first time, with prices starting at $35. Festival organizers promise the same this year.
8. Artwork has always been a staple of the festival. This year, find new larger-than-life and interactive art installations including fire-breathing metal creatures, three-dimensional wooden superstructures, glow-in-the-dark environments and LED-infused flora and fauna. Find art throughout the festival grounds.
9. Oh, yeah, there’s music. More than
10. Hop out of a concert and into an amusement park ride, scattered throughout the festival grounds. VIPs even get their own separate Ferris wheel.
11. Aerialists, stilt walkers, dancers and more wearing over-the-top outfits and makeup wander about the grounds all night long.
12. Costumes are a big part of the festival, so come in your best tutus, sequined crop tops, neon everything, flower crowns and spirit hoods.
13. Trashed Recycling Store returns, giving guests a chance to return their recyclables in exchange for prizes.
14. Water is free. Fill up a container at one of the free hydration stations located throughout the festival.
15. Not heading to the festival? Fans can still get in on the fun at the nightclubs and dayclubs on the Strip. See a full lineup here.
16. New VIP viewing areas from Marquee bring food and beverage, air conditioned bathrooms, a ride from the entrance, 10 one-day passes and more. Tickets start at $5,000.
17. The VIP Dining Deck features free passed appetizers from 7 to 9 p.m. nightly, free drink options and a three-course dinner on the Café Deck.
18. Everyone has access to Wifi.
19. And free phone charging stations.