* "Successful Breast Self-Exam," led by oncology nurses who will teach the American Cancer Society's Special Touch Program, using audiovisuals and other teaching aids, Mission Regional Breast Center, 26730 Crown Valley Parkway, Mission Viejo. 6-7 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (949) 364-1770.
* "Polarity Therapy," led by a polarity practitioner, will explain how understanding life energy flow can relieve stress and pain for cancer patients. Wellness Community, 109 W. Torrance Blvd., Suite 100, Upper Level Pier Plaza, Redondo Beach. 6-8 p.m.. Free. Reservations required. (310) 376-3550.
* "Depression and Suicide in Child/Adolescent Population," a workshop. Las Encinas Hospital, 2900 E. Del Mar Blvd., Pasadena. 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Free. (626) 356-2628.
* "Eating Disorders," sponsored by Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and led by a nutrition therapist, will explain the types of eating disorders and how to recognize them. Aliso Viejo Public Library, Community Room, 1 Journey, Aliso Viejo. 7-8 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (949) 364-1770.
* "Childhood Asthma," sponsored by Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center, will focus on the illness and provide each child with a peak flow meter and a fanny pack. Mission Hospital Conference Center, 27700 Medical Center Road, Mission Viejo. 10 a.m.-noon. Free. Reservations required. (949) 364-4277.
* "Town Hall Meeting/Health Summit" will focus on health issues relating to cancer and HIV/AIDS. St. Brigid Catholic Church, 5214 S. Western Ave., Los Angeles. 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (323) 865-3085.
* The National Pemphigus Foundation is sponsoring a patient/doctor meeting on living with this chronic autoimmune disease. Anaheim Hilton, 777 Convention Way, Anaheim. 9 a.m.-7 p.m. $75 (includes breakfast, reception and dinner).Reservations required. (510) 527-4970.
* Blood pressure and blood sugar screenings, sponsored by Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital. Pico Rivera Senior Center, 9200 Mines Ave., Pico Rivera, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Free. (562) 6987-0811, Ext. 2273.
* Group for caregivers of dementia patients. (Meets second and fourth Mondays.) Northridge Hospital's Sherman Way Campus, 14500 Sherman Circle, Van Nuys. 4-5:30 p.m. Free. (818) 908-8713.
* Breast cancer group. (Meets second and fourth Mondays.) Los Alamitos Medical Center, 3751 Katella Ave., Los Alamitos. 7-9 p.m. Free. (562) 594-9977.
* Cancer group. (Meets second and fourth Tuesdays.) Los Alamitos Medical Center, 3751 Katella Ave., Los Alamitos. 2:30-4:30 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (562) 594-9977.
* Visualization/stress reduction group for cancer patients. Wellness Community-South Bay, 109 W. Torrance Blvd., Redondo Beach. 1-1:45 p.m. Free. (310) 376-3550.
* Liver disease group. (Meets every other Wednesday.) Northridge Hospital Medical Center's Roscoe Campus, 18300 Roscoe Blvd., Northridge. 7:30 p.m. Free. (310) 670-4624.
* Fibromyalgia group. Hoag Hospital Center Auditorium, One Hoag Drive, Newport Beach. 7:30 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (714) 840-8038.
* Group for loved ones of people with mental illness. Mental Health Center, 14545 Sherman Circle, Van Nuys. 6:45-9 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (818) 994-6747.
Send items typed and double-spaced three weeks in advance to Health Watch, Health, Los Angeles Times, 202 W. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA 90012.