Chlorine gas leak sickens 100

From Times Wire Reports

At least 100 people were hospitalized after inhaling chlorine gas leaking from a water treatment plant in eastern India, officials said.

Residents of the Jamshedpur township, run by Indian carmaker Tata Motors, complained of dizziness as the gas drifted into their homes, many rushing into the streets and falling unconscious, police said.

Tata Motors said the situation was under control.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
60°