A mix of heroin and alcohol killed
"Post-mortem testing, which included an autopsy and toxicological analysis, found that Mr. Monteith, aged 31, died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," the office said in a statement issued Tuesday.
The "Glee" actor's body was found Saturday afternoon in a luxury Canadian hotel in Vancouver, B.C., after he failed to check out on time.
Though the investigation was continuing, "it should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident," the statement said.
While not sharing specifics, officials told TMZ, "There was evidence in the room that was consistent of a drug overdose."
"I'm lucky on so many counts — I'm lucky to be alive," the actor told the mag.
Monteith's family had been told about the circumstances of his death, the coroner's office said. Girlfriend
"Lea is deeply grateful for all the love and support she's received from family, friends and fans," said the statement, obtained by People. "Since Cory's passing, Lea has been grieving alongside his family and making appropriate arrangements with them."