We should apologize for yet another
For the dozen or so of our readers who have miraculously avoided the latest in all things Cyrus-related, the provocative former teen queen has been in a digital war of sorts with Irish singer-songwriter Sinéad O'Connor.
Quick recap: Cyrus told Rolling Stone her "Wrecking Ball" video was inspired by O'Connor, O'Connor wasn't flattered and issued an open letter advising Cyrus to stop "pimping" herself and rely on her talent.
Cyrus didn't care for O'Connor's harsh, but arguably sage advice and she's responded by throwing a heavy dosage of shade on Twitter.
One of Cyrus' tweets compared O’Connor to former
O'Connor has drafted another open letter for Cyrus, this one is rife with even more vitriol.
We'd post the entire thing below, but it's more fun to read the Cliff notes (full letter here, coarse language included):
1. "Miley… Really? Who the … is advising you? Because taking me on is even more … stupid than behaving like a prostitute and calling it feminism."
2. "You will yourself one day suffer such illness, that is without doubt. The course you have set yourself upon can only end in that, trust me."
3. "Remove your tweets immediately or you will hear from my lawyers."
4. "And worse that you are such an anti-female tool of the anti-female music industry."
5. "And I hope that you will wake up and understand that you in fact are a danger to women."
6. "Furthermore you posted a photo of me tearing the pope's photo .. as if to imply insanity.. by doing so all you have achieved is to expose your staggering ignorance."
7. "You could really do with educating yourself, that is if you're not too busy getting your [breasts] out to read."
Cyrus hasn't done much besides link to her website -- the cursor is that infamous foam finger and if you click on the blunt, magic happens – and this little gem from Disney's "Mulan": "Your heart knows what's good for you. Let your heart show you the way."
We've gotta strange feeling the writer's room at "SNL" is bursting with creativity on how to milk this. Because of course this will be milked.