LOS ANGELES — THE TASTE
, Los Angeles Times
' annual celebration of the Southern California food scene, today announces the culinary luminaries that will co-host each of its five events to be held at Paramount Pictures Studios over Labor Day
weekend. Evan Kleiman, Ray Garcia, Zoe Nathan, Julian Cox and The Beer Chicks are now set to join The Times Food staff hosts:
- Field to Fork — Hosted by Russ Parsons, Times Food Editor, and Chef Ray Garcia of FIG Restaurant. An afternoon inspired by fresh, local ingredients and the pleasure of cooking seasonal dishes; Sat., Sept. 1, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cocktail Confidential — Hosted by Jessica Gelt, Times Food & Night Life Writer, and Julian Cox, Chief Mixologist for Rivera and Playa. Bartenders take center stage as we raise a glass to the simple joy of fine mixed drinks in the company of friends; Sat., Sept. 1, 8 to 11 p.m.
- Flavors of L.A. — Hosted by Jonathan Gold, Times Restaurant Critic, and Evan Kleiman, Chef, Author, and Host of KCRW's "Good Food". A showcase of Southern California's multicultural influences and most authentic restaurants; Sun., Sept. 2, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dinner & Drinks — Hosted by Betty Hallock, Times Deputy Food Editor, and The Beer Chicks Authors of "The Naked Pint" Christina Perozzi and Hallie Beaune. The ultimate night out for those who appreciate pairing a signature dish with a craft beer, custom cocktail or fine wine; Sun., Sept. 2, 8 to 11 p.m.
- Labor Day Picnic presented by Target — Hosted by Noelle Carter, Times Test Kitchen Director, and Zoe Nathan, Baker and Restaurateur of Milo & Olive and Huckleberry. A family-style holiday get-together featuring classic and exotic interpretations of the sandwich, topped off with an ice cream social; Mon., Sept. 3, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Unlimited food and drink tastings from more than 40 of the area's top restaurants will be featured at each event along with live cooking and mixology demonstrations, wine seminars and panel discussions. Tickets are $50 per event. Los Angeles Times members
have access to a 20% discount. A portion of ticket sales will benefit Collins College of Hospitality Management at Cal Poly Pomona
and the Los Angeles Times Family Fund's
Summer Camp Campaign.
Los Angeles Times' THE TASTE is produced in association with Best Events. Sponsors include Target, Taste of México Association, Blackstone Winemaker's Select, Chopin Vodka and Simply Naked Wines. Stay up to date on Los Angeles Times' THE TASTE at latimes.com/THETASTE
.###About the Los Angeles Times
The Los Angeles Times
is the largest metropolitan daily newspaper in the country, with a daily readership of 1.6 million and 2.7 million on Sunday, more than 16 million unique latimes.com visitors monthly and a combined print and online local weekly audience of 4.4 million. The Pulitzer Prize-winning
Times has been covering Southern California for more than 130 years.
The Los Angeles Times Media Group
(LATMG) businesses and affiliates include the Los Angeles Times
, The Envelope
, Times Community News
Los Angeles and reach approximately 5.2 million or 39% of all adults in the Southern California marketplace. LATMG also owns and operates California Community News
as well as Tribune Direct
's west coast division and is part of Tribune Company
, one of the country's leading media companies with businesses in publishing, the Internet and broadcasting. Additional information is available at http://latimes.com/aboutus
. About Best Events
Best Events is a full-service event production company created by Jeffrey Best to design, produce and create unique event environments that are at the intersection of commerce and art. For over 20 years, Best Events has been known to produce some of the most high-profile events in the entertainment, corporate and fashion arenas. Contacts:
Nancy Sullivan | Los Angeles Times | 213.237.6160 | email@example.com
Hillary Manning | Los Angeles Times | 213.237.2664 | firstname.lastname@example.org