Los Angeles Times’ Hero Complex Film Festival takes off into its fifth year with a phenomenal lineup of genre-defining fan favorites. The screenings and live Q&As with the film’s creators and stars will be hosted by The Times’ Hero Complex editor
- A 10th anniversary big screen presentation of 2003’s
"Battlestar Galactica"miniseries and reunion of creator Ronald D. Moore with actors Jamie Bamber, Edward James Olmos, and Mary McDonnell
- Special advance matinee of "How to Train Your Dragon 2" and conversation with writer/director
Dean DeBloisand stars Jay Barucheland America Ferrera
- The beloved horror-comedy "Gremlins" followed by discussion with director Joe Dante
- Oscar winner
James Cameronwill reflect on the franchise that launched his blockbuster career between screenings of "Terminator" and "Terminator 2: Judgment Day"
- A rare theatrical showing of the legendary "Monty Python & the Holy Grail" (and yes, there will be coconuts)
- Sigourney Weaver will discuss becoming one of the world’s most iconic – and first female – action stars between a double feature of "Alien" and
The Festival is the award-winning Hero Complex’s marquee event and will be presented in association with
# # #
About the Los Angeles Times
The Los Angeles Times is the largest metropolitan daily newspaper in the country, with a daily readership of 1.5 million and 2.6 million on Sunday, more than 22 million unique latimes.com visitors monthly and a combined print and online local weekly audience of 4 million. The
The Los Angeles Times Media Group (LATMG) businesses and affiliates also include The Envelope, Times Community News, and Hoy Los Angeles which, combined with the flagship Los Angeles Times, reach approximately 5.2 million or 38% of all adults in the Southern California marketplace. LATMG also owns California Community News, LLC, operates Tribune Direct LA, and is part of Tribune Company, one of the country’s leading media companies with businesses in publishing, the Internet and broadcasting. Additional information is available at latimes.com/aboutus.