5 high schoolers fall sick after eating marijuana-laced brownies

5 Northern California students severely sickened after eating pot-laced brownies sold by classmate

Five Northern California high school students fell severely ill Thursday after consuming a batch of pot brownies allegedly whipped up by a 17-year-old girl.

Two students from DeAnza High School in Richmond become unresponsive and were taken to an area hospital, while three others vomited and reported feeling nauseous after eating the brownies, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

The girl, a high school senior, had reportedly sold the high schoolers, ages 14 to 16, the pot-laced goods, which police said were going for $3 per brownie, or two for $5.

She was arrested on suspicion of distributing marijuana on campus and child endangerment.

Officials will also be looking into having the girl expelled from campus, the newspaper reported.

For breaking news in Los Angeles and throughout California, follow @VeronicaRochaLA. She can be reached at veronica.rocha@latimes.com.

Copyright © 2017, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World