LOCAL L.A. Now

Charges announced in fatal shootings of two boys, 7 and 17 years old

Authorities announced charges Tuesday in the fatal shootings last year of a 7-year-old boy and a teenager in separate incidents police say were linked to an ongoing gang feud.

Charles Adam Hall, 17, was killed Sept. 1 in a drive-by shooting in Mid-Wilshire. Police said gunshots were fired at Hall from a white four-door sedan in the 1400 block of South Redondo Boulevard. 

On Dec. 2, Taalib Pecantte, 7, was a passenger in a car with his mother and a man when he was fatally shot in Mid-City about two miles away from the first killing.

The two shootings were linked to an ongoing gang feud, said Los Angeles Police Det. Steven Katz. No further details were provided.

Four people, including two brothers, Tradel Billy Faniel, 28, and Windel Roman Faniel, 26, were charged with murder and attempted murder in connection with Taalib's killing, according to the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office.

Paul Eugene Jamar, 19, and Danielle Peters, 31, were charged with murder and attempted murder, according to the criminal complaint.

HOMICIDE REPORT: Tracking killings in L.A. County

“They’re all associates,” Katz said of the defendants, who were arrested last Thursday.

Tradel Faniel also was charged with murder in Hall's killing, along with three counts of attempted murder, according to the complaint.

Katz said the investigation is ongoing, and it is unknown whether the man acted alone or with others.

Authorities announced a $50,000 reward leading to the arrest and conviction of the people responsible for Taalib’s death.

The Game, a rapper, raised $17,000 for the boy’s funeral and also called on gang members to leave guns at home during the holiday season.

Katz said it is too soon to know where the reward money will be distributed but said it was “helpful” in generating information in the case.

ALSO:

LAPD in mourning after 3 officers killed in 2 months

Donald Sterling will fight to keep Clippers, Garcetti predicts

Red Cross assisting homeless residents displaced after shelter fire

Twitter: @nicolesantacruz

nicole.santacruz@latimes.com

Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times
Comments
Loading