At least two children in Southern California have reportedly fallen ill after possibly eating Halloween candy tainted with drugs, authorities said.
The first incident occurred Saturday night when a 2-year-old boy got sick after eating Halloween candy at a friend's house in Moreno Valley. The toddler showed signs of consuming an illegal drug, KTLA reported. The candy came from a home in the 25000 block of Calabria Drive, according to police.
On Sunday, police in Huntington Beach investigated an incident where a child reportedly began showing signs of having consumed methamphetamine after eating Halloween candy.
The candy was collected from a home near Beach Boulevard and Atlanta Avenue, Huntington Beach police said in a news release. Investigators said they haven't yet collected evidence directly linking the drugs to the candy.