The U.S. Postal Service is keeping several Southern California post offices open later than usual Wednesday, including three locations until midnight, while taxpayers scramble to mail their returns before the tax day deadline.
These Southland post office locations will be open until midnight:
- 7001 S. Central Ave., Los Angeles
- 3101 W. Sunflower Ave., Santa Ana
- 1900 W. Redlands Blvd., San Bernardino
These two locations will accept stamped mail until 10 p.m.:
- 9029 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles
- 2300 Redondo Blvd., Long Beach
This location will be open until 9 p.m.:
- 28201 Franklin Pkwy., Santa Clarita
All other post office mail drop locations will be collected at their regular times.
For those considering a last-minute, panicked drive to a post office late Wednesday, consider this: There’s a 6% greater chance of being in a car accident on tax day, according to a study in the Journal of the American Medical Assn. So drive safely.
For breaking California news, follow @JosephSerna.